If you will be joining us for today’s YA Presentation and Online Signing through Shindig please see the following instructions and requirements. Need to sign up? Do so here- http://shindig.com/event/medallion-best-upcoming-ya
It’s VERY important to follow this technical advice from Shindig, ESPECIALLY the parts about browser and Flash:
In preparation for today’s event, here are just a few technical notes from Shindig.
- We recommend connecting by ethernet instead of Wi-Fi for improved stability and speed. Our recommended bandwidth speeds are 1mbps upload and 3mbps download.
- We also recommend using Firefox as your web browser for tomorrow’s event. If you don’t already have it, you can download it for free at GetFirefox.com.
- If you already have Firefox, please make sure it’s updated the latest version. A simple how-to is available at http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-version.
- Please make sure that Adobe Flash Player is also updated to the latest version: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html
- Close out of other applications and browser tabs before joining a Shindig event.
- You can test your webcam and microphone setup prior to tomorrow’s event in our internal demo-and-test room at http://shindig.com/event/book.
- If at any point either in testing or during today’s event you encounter any errors or crashes, please click the “Send Feedback” button at the top of the page or choose to submit feedback if automatically prompted. Doing this sends valuable information to our engineering team.