We’re entering the homestretch of 2013, and what a great year it has been!
We’ve celebrated our tenth anniversary with giveaways, new releases, free offerings, and more! It’s been a year to remember, and we’d like to take a moment to reflect on some of the highlights:
– Medallion books have been honored with notable awards, including the following:
- The Holden Age of Hollywood by Phil Brody won the bronze medal for popular fiction in the IPPY Awards
- Booker T: From Prison to Promise by Booker T. Huffman with Andrew William Wright won the bronze medal for autobiography/memoir in the IPPY Awards
- The Viking’s Witch by Kelli Wilkins won the gold medal for best romance e-book in the IPPY Awards
- The Tenth Saint by D. J. Niko won the gold medal for popular fiction in the Florida Book Awards
– MMG Sidekick launched, allowing users direct access to FREE e-books and the ability to shop all of our digital titles in one convenient place. The app also comes embedded with state-of-the-art TREEbook™ technology, which enhances the reading experience by activating time triggers and multiple story branches built into TREEbook™ releases. Look for the first title with embedded branching to release early 2014!
– We added many exciting titles to our upcoming releases, including the following:
- Burnt Tongues, an anthology edited by best-selling author Chuck Palahniuk with Richard Thomas and Dennis Widmyer
- Booker T: My Rise to Wrestling Royalty, a follow-up book by WWE Hall of Fame Inductee Booker T. Huffman, covering his professional wrestling career
– ReadOnVacation.com was launched alongside a brochure rack program that allows vacationers to embark on reading adventures during their travels.
– Several of our authors joined us for online interactive presentations. Attendees were able to talk with the authors and obtain signed copies of their books from the comfort of their own homes.
On top of these fantastic events and happenings, we also released several wonderful new titles this year. Let’s take a look at the books welcomed to the Medallion library:
– Knuckleduster by Andrew Post (sci-fi thriller)
– Zombies Don’t Forgive by Rusty Fischer (YA)
– The Design Cookbook: Recipes for a Stylish Home by Kelly Edwards (home improvement)
– The Queen’s Guard: Peony by Traci E. Hall (medieval romance)
– Cradle Lake by Ronald Malfi (horror/thriller)
– The Riddle of Solomon by D. J. Niko (thriller)
– Canary by Rachele Alpine (contemporary YA)
– The Beasts of Upton Puddle by Simon West-Bulford (YA fantasy)
– Storm Demon by Gregory Lamberson (horror)
– Fabrick by Andrew Post (YA fantasy)
The Cult is thwarted and Nexus is destroyed, but the Apollonians must find the remaining Shards of the Risa Star. Jack Lawson and the others face unexpected challenges: a desert fortress more inhabited than it first appeared, a once prosperous city-state slipping into totalitarianism, and old enemies rising from the shadows to leave their fatal marks.
Meanwhile, something stirs on the edge of sight. The pieces move into place, the trap is laid, and Jack must confront a truth that will tear the world apart.
“This was an action-packed continuing saga that built well on the previous books. . . .You get great characters, action, drama, and much more all wrapped into a book that will keep you engaged from beginning to end.” — Dad of Divas
Also, head on over to our tech blog for an inside look at the creation of TREEbook™ technology. In early 2014 the first TREEbook™-enabled title, The Julian Year by Gregory Lamberson, will launch. Download the MMG Sidekick app now to be ready to read it and to access FREE Medallion e-books!
Until next time . . .
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year!
Senior Vice President
Medallion Media Group