USA BOOK NEWS ANNOUNCES
WINNERS AND FINALISTS OF
THE 2012 USA BEST BOOK AWARDS
Mainstream & Independent Titles Score Top Honors in the
9th Annual USA Best Book Award
St. Martin’s Press, Harper Collins, Crown, John Wiley & Sons, Hyperion, McGraw-Hill, Sterling, Llewellyn Worldwide, Tyndale House, Thomas Nelson, Sounds True, Chicago Review Press, NASA, American Cancer Society, and hundreds of Independent Houses contribute to this year’s Outstanding Competition!
LOS ANGELES – USABookNews.com, the premier online magazine and review website for mainstream and independent publishing houses, announced the winners and finalists of THE 2012 USA BEST BOOK AWARDS on November 16, 2012. Over 400 winners and finalists were announced in over 100 categories covering print, e-books and audio books. Awards were presented for titles published in 2011 and 2012.
Jeffrey Keen, President and CEO of USA Book News, said this year’s contest yielded over 1500 entries from mainstream and independent publishers, which were then narrowed down to over 400 winners and finalists.
Award highlights include the following:
(Full results listing available on USABooknews.com)
- Until Tuesday: A Wounded Warrior and the Golden Retriever Who Saved Him by Luis Carlos Montalvan with Bret Witter (Hyperion) was honored in the “Autobiography/Memoirs” category
- Shut Your Eyes Tight by John Verdon (Crown) was named #1 Thriller
- The Holden Age of Hollywood by Phil Brody (Medallion Press) was awarded “Best New Fiction”
- The Fear and Anxiety Solution: A Breakthrough Process for Healing and Empowerment with Your Subconscious Mind by Friedemann Schaub MD, Ph.D. (Sounds True) won the “Best New Self-Help Book”
- The Optimization Edge: Reinventing Decision Making to Maximize All Your Company’s Assets by Steve Sashihara (McGraw-Hill) placed number one in the General Business category
- The Voyage of the Sea Wolf by Eve Bunting (Sleeping Bear Press) took home the “Children’s Fiction” prize
- Wings Within by Franklin Hill, Ph.D., illustrated by Aries Cheung (Illumination Arts) snagged top honors in the Children’s Picture Book: Hardcover Fiction category
- Holly Clegg’s trim&TERRIFIC™: Kitchen 101: Secrets to Cooking Confidence (Holly Clegg Cookbook Collection) won the Cookbook category
- Blackhorse Riders: A Desperate Last Stand, An Extraordinary Rescue Mission, and the Vietnam Battle America Forgot by Philip Keith (St. Martin’s Press) received top honors in the History: Military category
- Dressing for Altitude: U.S. Aviation Pressure Suits – Wiley Post to Space Shuttle by Dennis R. Jenkins (NASA) was awarded multiple awards in History
- The Awakened Aura: Experiencing the Evolution of Your Energy Body by Kala Ambrose (Llewellyn Publishing) won Best New Age Book
- And Still They Bloom: A Family’s Journey of Loss and Healing by Amy Rovere, illustrated by Joel Spector (American Cancer Society) won the Parenting/Family category
- Your Unique Self: The Radical Path to Personal Enlightenment by Marc Gafni (Integral Publishers) won the General Spirituality category
Full results listing available online at USABookNews.com
Keen says of the awards, now in their tenth year, “The 2012 results represent a phenomenal mix of books from a wide array of publishers throughout the United States. With a full publicity and marketing campaign promoting the results of the USA Best Book Awards, this year’s winners and finalists will gain additional media coverage for the upcoming holiday retail season.
Winners and finalists traversed the publishing landscape: St. Martin’s Press, Harper Collins, Crown, John Wiley & Sons, Hyperion, McGraw-Hill, Sterling, Llewellyn Worldwide, Tyndale House, Thomas Nelson, Sounds True, Chicago Review Press, NASA, American Cancer Society and hundreds of independent houses contributed to this year’s outstanding competition. Keen adds, “Our success begins with the enthusiastic participation of authors and publishers and continues with our distinguished panel of industry judges who bring to the table their extensive editorial, PR, marketing, and design expertise.”
USABookNews.com is an online publication providing coverage for books from mainstream and independent publishers to the world online community.
A complete list of the winners and finalists of The 2012 USA Best Book Awards are available online at http://www.USABookNews.com.